Skip to Content
Moore’s Original Marinade
Venison, Beef, or Turkey
coarse ground pepper
1 box round toothpicks
- Partially freeze venison.
- Slice meat into 1/16″ – 1/18″ thick.
- Combine venison and Moore’s Marinade in deep-covered casserole dish.
- Marinate in the refrigerator overnight. Remove meat and place on paper towel.
- Sprinkle with pepper. Place a toothpick through the top of each piece of meat.
- Arrange oven racks, one at the highest level and one at the lowest.
- Hang meat from the upper rack evenly.
- Place dish of excess marinade on the bottom rack. Slightly crack the oven door.
- Turn the oven to the lowest setting (120°-140° F).
- Dry 12-14 hours depending on meat thickness. Store in airtight container.