Spicy Marinated Ultimate Pork Nachos
- SERVINGS: MAKE 6 SERVINGS
- 1 (8-pound) bone-in pork shoulder
- 1 cup moore’s spicy marinade
- 1 (12-ounce) package tortilla chips
- 1 (16-ounce) container quest cheese dip
- 1 jalapeno sliced thin
- 1 avocado sliced thin
- 1/4 cup thin sliced red onion
- desired assorted toppings
- garnish: fresh cilantro
- Place pork into a large bowl. Using a sharp knife, pierce pork all over. Pour marinade over pork making sure to pour into piercings. Chill for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Remove marinated pork from refrigerator and let come to room temperature. Remove pork from marinade and place skin side up onto a roasting rack set in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 1 hour. Reduce the heat to 275, cover the pork with aluminum foil. Cook for 4 to 6 hours, or until internal meat temperature reaches 165 on a meat thermometer.
- Increase heat to broil. Remove foil and broil pork for 5 to 10 minutes, watching carefully, until skin is crispy and golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for 25 to 30 minutes. Shred pork with 2 forks.
- Layer tortilla chips onto platter. Top with queso dip, jalapeno, and avocado, and onion, or desired assorted toppings. Serve immediately. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- *Queso cheese dip can be found at Wal Mart and most grocery stores on the cheese aisle. Shredded cheese or processed cheese can be substituted for queso cheese dip.