Baked Pulled Pork Egg Rolls
This delicious dish comes to us from Backwoods Kitchen.
- Servings: Makes 6 egg rolls
- 3 cups smoked or roasted Pulled Pork
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- Juice of half of a Lime
- 1.5 cups Moore’s Teriyaki Marinade
- 6 Egg Roll Wrappers
- Egg Wash
- 1.5 cups shredded Cabbage
- 2 parts Mayonnaise
- 1 part Sour Cream
- 1 part Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Put pulled pork in a saucepan, cover with Moore’s Teriyaki Marinade, lime juice and brown sugar. Heat and let simmer until the pork becomes tacky and most of the liquid is evaporated. The key is for the meat to be tacky, not wet.
- Let cool
- Preheat the oven to 425F degrees, and line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Prepare coleslaw by combining lettuce, mayonnaise, sour cream, Dijon mustard and red wine vinegar in a medium bowl. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Lay out an egg roll wrapper with a corner facing you and away from you. Fill the bottom third of the wrapper with approximately 2 tablespoons of pork and 1 tablespoon of coleslaw
- Brush egg wash on all edges, fold up from the bottom once, tuck in the sides and finish rolling. Place the egg roll seam down on the parchment paper.
- IMPORTANT STEP: Oil or spray oil on the outside of the egg rolls to promote browning and crispiness. Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes