Grilled Chicken Tacos with Black Bean Salsa
This very tasty recipe comes to us courtesy of Chef Steve Coshatt and the Jefferson State Culinary and Hospitality Institute.
- Cook: 15 Minutes
- Course: Main Dishes
- Cuisine: Chicken
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice, divided
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 ripe avocado peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup seeded tomato, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp seeded jalapeno pepper, minced
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup purple coleslaw
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 small red onion, shredded
- 1 small can black beans
- 1 16 oz Moore’s creamy ranch buffalo wing sauce
- sour cream and shredded cheese for garnish, optional
- Place chicken in a ziplock bag and pour in 5 oz. Moore’s Creamy Ranch Buffalo Wing Sauce. Seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Grill chicken over medium heat until temperature reaches 165 degrees (approx. 7 minutes per side). After cooking, shred chicken and set aside.
- Combine carrot, onion, black beans, avocado, tomato, cilantro and jalapeno in a small bowl. Stir in 3 Tbsp. lime juice and 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Brush flour tortillas with olive oil and add salt to taste. Heat over medium heat directly on the grill or burner for approx. 15 seconds per side or until very lightly charred.
- Top tortillas evenly with chicken, drizzle 1 Tbsp. Moore’s Creamy Ranch Buffalo Wing Sauce, add black bean mixture, top with purple coleslaw.
- Top or garnish with sour cream and cheese, optional.