Buffalo Garlic Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
- SERVINGS: MAKES 8 SERVINGS
- Cuisine: ,
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 boneless boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 (13- ounce) package hickory smoked turkey sausage, sliced 1/4 inch think
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs and season with salt and pepper. Brown chicken and continue to cook until done; set aside to cool slightly. Once cooled enough to touch, shred or cut chicken meat to bite size pieces.
- To the same Dutch oven, and cook until browned, stirring often. Remove and set aside.
- Add bell pepper and onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add chicken and sausage, tomatoes, and creole seasoning, stirring to combine. Add rice and broth and stir to combine. Cook over medium heat until heated through out.