Moore’s Perfect Oven-Baked Pot Roast
- Servings: Makes 4-6 Servings
- Marinate Time: 4 Hours
- Cook: 3-4 Hours
- Ready In: 7-8 Hours
- Course: ,
- 3-5 lb Chuck Roast
- 2 cups Moore’s Original Marinade
- 1 small bag Baby Carrots
- 8-10 peeled and quartered Baby Red Potatoes
- 2 peeled and quartered Onions
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cups canned Beef Broth
- 1 cup Red Wine
- Marinate the chuck roast in 1 cup of Moore’s Original Marinade for at least 4 hours, turning the roast over halfway through.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Sprinkle both sides of the roast with salt and pepper.
- Pour olive oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Once skillet is hot, sear the chuck roast (about 1 ½ minutes per side) then remove from pan.
- Add the potatoes, onions, and carrots to the pan for about 2-3 minutes, stirring to lightly brown evenly.
- Then, pour 1 cup of beef broth in the pan to deglaze and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour this mixture in the bottom of a covered roasting pan.
- Place the chuck roast on top of the vegetables and add the remaining 1 cup of beef broth, 1 cup of wine, and 1 cup of Moore’s Original Marinade.
- Place roasting pan in oven and cook for 3-4 hours (depending on the size of the roast).
- Carefully, remove the roasting pan and slice the roast.
- Serve on a platter with the potatoes, onions, and carrots.