Moore’s Marinade Tri-Tip
- 2 lbs Beef Tri-tip
- 1/4 cup chopped Shallot
- 1 tbsp minced Rosemary
- 1 whole sprig Rosemary
- 2 tbs minced fresh Ginger
- 1/2 sliced Lime
- 1 1/2 cup Moore’s Original Marinade
- Rinse and dry the tri-tip.
- In a re-sealable gallon bag, add the tri-tip, shallot, rosemary, ginger, lime, and Moore’s Original Marinade. Seal the bag and massage to ensure the meat is coated with the marinade.
- Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 5 hours, flipping every hour.
- When only 45 minutes of marinating time remain, light your cooker and allow the temp to come to 285 degrees.
- Remove the tri-tip from the refrigerator and insert the hanging hook (if using a barrel-style cooker) for your cooker into one end of the meat. Place the thermometer probe into the same end.
- When the coals are white hot, add the wood chunks.
- Hang the tri-tip in the cooker, otherwise place on grill or smoker rack.
- Close the cooker lid and allow the tri-tip to cook until its internal temperature reaches 135 degrees, about 45 minutes.
- Remove the tri-tip from the cooker and, if using, remove the hanging hook.
- If you are using a barrel cooker, unlatch the top half of the drum.
- Place the grill grate on the bottom where the coals are located.
- Place the tri-tip on the grate and sear over the hot coals for about 4 minutes per side, turning 90 degrees after 2 minutes on each side.
- Allow the meat to rest for 15 minutes, then slice and serve.